Biotin is one of the B vitamins, also known as vitamin B7. Plays a key role in the body:
– important for healthy nails. According to experts, about 20% of the world's population suffers from brittle nails. When used regularly, biotin strengthens nails, prevents their splitting, improves the structure and color of the nail plate;
– important for hair condition. Biotin promotes hair growth, maintaining its structure and health. In addition, biotin normalizes the secretion of sebum, which protects against excess oily hair and the formation of dandruff;
– important for the skin. People with a biotin deficiency may experience skin problems and red, scaly rashes. Some studies also indicate that biotin deficiency is associated with the development of seborrheic dermatitis;
– plays an important role during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Up to 50% of women may suffer from biotin deficiency during this period, which is associated with higher costs of fetal formation and growth. At the same time, a lack of biotin during pregnancy can lead to malformations of the child.
– can reduce the level of glucose in the blood of patients with diabetes.
The recommended daily intake of biotin for adults is 50 mcg. Consuming Vitagen™ biotin max replenishes the need for this vitamin and prevents the development of deficiency conditions.